Posted: July 10th, 2017
The nurse is assessing a client who had a fractured femur repaired with an external fixator device. Which assessment finding would cause the nurse concern regarding the development of compartment syndrome? Select all that apply:
1. Decrease in pulse rate in affected leg.
2. Paresthesia distal to area of injury.
3. Toes on affected leg cool to touch and edematous.
4. Complaints that pins are hurting.
5. Complaints of leg pain unrelieved by analgesics or repositioning.
6. Client angry and calling loudly to the nurse every ten minutes.
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.