Posted: July 11th, 2016
Save Link Assignment CLC – Health Promotion Presentation: Adult Clients With Childhood Diseases
View Rubric Due Date: Jan 07, 2016 23:59:59 Max Points: 150
This is a Collaborative Learning Community (CLC) assignment.
In this group assignment, you will be developing a presentation on childhood diseases that exist in adults. To complete this assignment, access the “Collaborative Learning Community: Health Promotion Presentation” resource.
While APA style format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected and in-text citations and references should be presented using APA documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
Green team topic: Juvenile Diabetes (Type 1) The power point needs to be between 12-15 slides. I tried to divide the research assignments into six sections as evenly as possible. I am open to suggestions or changes, thank you.
1. – A clinical description and definition of the disease or illness. – Pathophysiology and history of the disease or illness. -Identify a comprehensive set of relevant resources, both community and national, for adults with this condition. Provide description of resources.
2. – An explanation of the impact of this disease/condition on adults to the health care system and nursing practice. -A description of the impact of this disease or illness during childhood.
3. – A description of the impact of this disease in adults. Explain why adults live into adulthood with this childhood condition or why adults would contract this childhood illness during adulthood. -A validation of the health problems with demographic and health statistics, including citations for sources.
4. –Evaluate how this disease or illness impacts the adult client in the following areas: a. Mentally and emotionally b. Physically c. Sexually d. Economically, specifically as it relates to the ability to access health insurance and health care 5. e. Susceptibility to engage in substance abuse f. Prenatal care and childbearing g. Occupational considerations and hazards h. Ability to cope with stress
6. Develop a care plan that addresses the following: a. Identify expected outcomes for an adult client living with this childhood condition b. Develop health screening, health promotion, health interventions, and education for adults with this condition.
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.